Providing quality nursing care for our community
Gunning Community Care employs Community Nurses to provide professional nursing care in the home, or onsite at Courthouse rooms.
Community Nursing services
Gunning Community Care is able to provide Community Nursing services to people aged over 65, as well as Veterans, Home Care Packages and walk-in patients.
Patients over 65 are required to be registered with My Aged Care and our Community Nurse Kim can advise you how to register.
Gunning Community Care is conscious of the important role Community Nursing plays in helping our residents stay in their own homes when they are unwell. We are happy to answer any questions and help residents and their families to be put in touch with the appropriate service providers, be it Gunning or elsewhere.
Gunning Community Care are able to provide short and long-term nursing care. Talk to our Community Nurse Kim Shorter on
(02) 4845 1166 ext 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what we can do to help care for you or someone in your family.
One of Gunning Community Care's key motivators is to provide care and assistance enabling residents to stay in their homes for as long as possible. Community nursing has been a mainstay of this organisation and the foundation from which it was built on.
Gunning Community Care can provide a range of nursing services including:
- Observations - temperature, BP and SpO2
- BGL Monitoring
- Catheter Care
- Weight monitoring
- Personal Education
- Community Support Worker Education
- Liaising with health care providers
- Planning end of life care
- Liaising with Client Care Co-ordinator
- Wound Management
- Bereavement support
- Medication Administration
- Increase care post hospital stay
- Promote safety within the home
- Continence support
- General Physical examinations